Our VP, Group Account Supervisor will effectively lead an agency team, manage mid-level clients, and may travel extensively, without supervision, Major responsibilities include:
- Agency team communication and management
- Strategic and tactical consultation with client; you will be the brand champion
- Facilitating, presenting, and selling high-quality deliverables
- Supporting financial reporting and reconciliation
- Management and development of direct reports
- Cross-selling and new business development
OUR CULTURAL BELIEFS:
Patient Minded I act with the patient’s best interest in mind.
Client Delight I own every client experience and its impact on results.
Take Action I am empowered and empower others to act now.
Grow Talent I own my development and invest in the development of others.
Win Together I passionately connect with anyone, anywhere, anytime to achieve results.
Communication Matters I speak up to create transparent, thoughtful and timely dialogue.
Own It I hold myself and others accountable for results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a senior leader of people, you will be expected to deliver excellent business results through the efforts of your teams. You will demonstrate the following when achieving your results:
- Understands brand barriers, strategic vision, and implementation in collaboration with account leadership (SVP, VP and creative team leads); challenges strategies and directions not aligned with the brand
- Supports scope development and execution
- Manages $3-5 million in revenue including reporting and productivity compliance; prepares regular forecasts and budget reconciliations
- Assists creative lead and planner in executing creative and all promotional initiatives; ensures delivery of high-quality product (i.e., excellent creative, on target strategically, and on time and budget)
- Facilitates communication among internal agency departments and with all client contacts in order to resolve conflict, celebrate success, and achieve strong team and client relationships; properly interprets client feedback and provides direction to internal team
- Sets clear team priorities; communicates brand objectives and strategies; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks
- Ensures agency processes and documentation completion; keeps Sr. management apprised of critical client concerns and opportunities
- Actively participates in strategic client presentations, selling and defending the agency’s point of view
- Challenges strategies and directions not aligned with the brand positioning; helps identify brand barriers, positioning, and strategies
- Provides training support to new client managers who are acclimating to advertising and branding principles, and the implementation processes
- Provides management direction and developmental support to direct reports in preparation for future positions; provides challenging and stretching assignments; empower others by providing opportunities for task management; shares ownership and visibility
- Facilitates agency performance evaluation, development plans, and MBO plans; holds frequent development discussions and addresses areas requiring improvement
- Attends all appropriate client meetings, market research, conventions; documents key learnings
- Gathers and contributes appropriate insights, facts, and data to foster the planning and creative processes for the client and agency team
- Stays current with industry news and competitive environment to continually expand knowledge; shares articles of interest with brand and internal teams
- Actively contributes to new business activities; developing strategic presentations and coordinating with creative to deliver impactful ideas
- All other duties as assigned
People leaders must possess both the skills to effectively accomplish these tasks and the emotional intelligence to do so in alignment with our cultural values. In addition to the critical management and leadership tasks listed above, this role also includes the following unique responsibilities:
- Responsible for and oversee their respective team.
- Interview, select and supervise the activities of the department staff; communicate interpret and discuss with team the company policies and procedures.
- Determine job objectives, work methods and performance standards; review performance relative to departmental objectives discussion appraisal with each employee and performance; authorize and communicate salary changes, promotions, transfers, discipline and discharge and administer all other personnel actions.
EXPECTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Travel (25% or number of days)
- Hours (Minimum 40/hours per week)
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the expectations of the position and shall not be construed as the only expectations that may be assigned for the position.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the expectations listed above.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- Education (i.e. degree required)
- Experience and/or Training (i.e. the kind of skills and knowledge and number of years required)
- Licenses/Certificates (e.g. trade certificates, driver’s licenses, professional certifications, etc. required)
- Technology/Equipment (if applicable, the proficiencies required to perform the job)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook