OUR CULTURAL BELIEFS
Patient Minded I act with the patient’s best interest in mind.
Client Delight I own every client experience and its impact on results.
Take Action I am empowered and empower others to act now.
Grow Talent I own my development and invest in the development of others.
Win Together I passionately connect with anyone, anywhere, anytime to achieve results.
Communication Matters I speak up to create transparent, thoughtful and timely dialogue.
Own It I hold myself and others accountable for results.
The Paralegal is an integral member of the Legal & Compliance Department who works with other members of the department to provide legal assistance to support the company’s needs. The Paralegal will be confident and proactive in his/her approach, have the ability to work collaboratively and also be capable of working autonomously, and be comfortable with, and skilled in, interacting with attorneys, senior management, and members of the Board of Directors.
- Prepares, reviews and/or edits basic legal contracts and documents such as confidentiality agreements, initial and amended by-laws, articles of incorporation, charters, and other corporate documents
- Monitor changes to government guidelines or regulations and submit reports on pertinent changes
- Prepares and administers (in connection with HR) compensation materials including stock options and performance share award agreements
- Organize and maintain records for general corporate matters
- Draft Board and compliance committee meeting minutes and coordinates, reviews and/or drafts meeting minutes, and local registration or compliance documents for global subsidiaries in coordination with corporate secretary, management companies or registered agents.
- Name change filings and registrations for both domestic and global subsidiaries including Director or officer changes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Review and coordinate inter-company loan agreements in coordination with treasury and finance.
- Supports Board and committee work and coordination of materials for the Board and committee books for quarterly and special meetings. Generates first drafts of agendas and maintains Board and Committee action calendars.
- Custodian of corporate legal documents.
- Responsible for internal Legal Department contract management and filing system to ensure proper indexing and filing of legal documents
- Assist with business license filings for US third party logistics and pharmacy facilities.
- Manages various Legal department vendors
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university with 5+ years in a corporate or major law firm setting OR a Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Prior in-house experience preferred.
- Experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or life sciences industry preferred.
- Experience with IP search tools, databases, and docketing systems
- Industry recognized Paralegal Certification from organizations such as NALA or AACP preferred
- Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal example.
- Follows all policies and leads by example.
- Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time right.
- Complies with the Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy, and regulatory standards at all times.
- Strong understanding of legal issues and risks pertinent to contract drafting and administration.
- Strong understanding of contract and legal terminology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs applicable to handling of corporate matters (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as SharePoint, and CLM software
Core Leadership Competencies
- Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand the why. Focuses on work that matters.
- Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for continuous learning.
- Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more efficient
- Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to improve.
- Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to provide value.
- Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas originate. Flexible and easy to work with.