OUR CULTURAL BELIEFS
Patient Minded I act with the patient’s best interest in mind.
Client Delight I own every client experience and its impact on results.
Take Action I am empowered and empower others to act now.
Grow Talent I own my development and invest in the development of others.
Win Together I passionately connect with anyone, anywhere, anytime to achieve results.
Communication Matters I speak up to create transparent, thoughtful and timely dialogue.
Own It I hold myself and others accountable for results.
The purpose of this position is to assume accountability and responsibility for inbound and outbound orders that are processed within the distribution center, particularly shipments requiring additional oversight.
The Transportation Coordinator will use their technical systems expertise combined with DOT and IATA regulatory knowledge and hazmat certification to properly prepare all documentation for international and hazardous material shipments. They will manage the equipment needs and direct the loading of all freight that is staged and ready for shipping. The working environment is dynamic and this position requires organizing, planning and good problem solving skills to handle the varied workloads. Position also requires effective above average technical systems skills, attention to detail and high performing written and verbal communication skills. This position requires interaction with various internal departments, carriers, and clients.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Effectively execute the Transportation Management System for best service – lowest cost service
• Ability to direct the workflow while simultaneously working with other logistics team members, outbound operations, client services, and carriers
• Communicate with co-workers and supervisors regarding work requirements
• Pays meticulous attention to detail and possesses a task-oriented work ethic
• Demonstrates flexibility and a willingness to modify work schedule to support company needs
• Ability to successfully complete tasks on a daily basis.
• Flexibility and composure in response to changing requirements.
• Ability to receive and convey information accurately in a timely manner.
• Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain zero defect performance.
• Analytical aptitude
• ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform User role responsibilities in the Transportation Management System
• International shipments and create international documents, including the collection of Shipper’s Export Declarations. File EEI when applicable.
• Create Hazmat documents and ensure proper labeling
• Manage carrier equipment needs and door assignments
• Communicate with carriers for swaps / live-loads / legal, regulatory and safety
• Manage all internal / external documentation requests for LTL / TL shipments, including carrier tracking or pro number updates as required
• Ensure that all outbound cold chain orders each have a printed packing list for purposes of scheduling the required carrier
• Ensure proper trailer temperature set points for all cold chain shipments and the required temperature is noted on the bill of lading and/or manifest
• Reconcile open orders report with outbound / staged freight daily
• Manage any LTL / TL conversions
• Daily shift change with transportation team
• Communicate with transportation regarding any staged freight, EVERSANA Express runs and city runs
• Ensure correct loading onto every trailer
• Manage communications where advanced shipment notice details are required
• Work Group Leadership and Supervisory Backup
• This position will assume a team leadership role over employees involved with the processing of LTL orders.
• Directing, instructing, guiding, and training the staff will be a component of the position.
• Manage with supervisor resource scheduling to meet customer requirements
• Problem Solving and Continuous Process Improvement
• The position will be involved with issues and problems that result from the loading function; therefore solid problem solving skills are required.
• Oversee loading of outbound trailers to include pallet count validation and proper chain-of-custody transfer
• Ensure that the loading area is safe and that carriers adhere to EVERSANA safety requirements
• Ensure that all internal and external shipping requests are acknowledged and addressed
• Ensure proper load securement and close-out of all trailers
• Tracking of Urgent Access orders that are in transit during the scheduled shift and communicate updates/POD information to the Same Day team and client
• Effectively communicate with all internal departments, clients, and carriers as needed to ensure proper handling of shipments
• Setting clear direction, effective plans and measurable outcomes
• Ensuring work is accomplished effectively by managing employee performance, work processes and other resources
• Engaging employees to maximize their discretionary effort
• Developing a pipeline of excellent talent to fill future business needs
• Plans, organizes and coordinates various projects, programs and services.
• All other duties as assigned
• Lead areas for day to day outbound loading operations
• Reduce company transportation cost, client cost, and improve margins
• Participate in and manage certain carrier relationships driving performance improvement.
• Operations support, transportation support, shipment analysis
• Contribute to a safe operational environment by strictly complying with all EVERSANA safety requirements
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience with Transportation Management Systems (TMS) preferred including MercuryGate
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
• EVERSANA fork lift equipment certification is preferred
• Prior experience in a distribution environment preferred
• Hazmat certification required
• This position requires the ability to function as a conduit between supervisors and co-workers
• Good verbal and written skills are required
• Above average technical skills for Outlook and Excel
• Troubleshoot and advise on corrective actions for a smooth daily operation.
• Good attendance and ability to follow instructions without deviation are also required.
• Ability to work a variable shift schedule as required
• Adhere to all formal standard operating procedures that control the flow of materials.
• Effective time management and organizational skills required to adhere to departmental and client demands or deadlines
• Knowledge of necessary DOT and IATA regulations
• Knowledge of international documentation requirements and regulations
EXPECTATIONS OF THE JOB:
• Ability to set the pace in a team environment.
• Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to focus on detail and quality.
• Ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
• Ability to efficiently use a PC, software and systems as it pertains to performance on daily tasks.
• Ability to listen and respond with empathy and tact.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical and mental requirements along with the work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Warehouse: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Environmental demands include walking or standing at a minimum of 80% of the shift, lifting up to 50 pounds and performing tasking in a busy environment. Bending, squatting, pivoting and stooping may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.