OUR CULTURAL BELIEFS
Patient Minded I act with the patient’s best interest in mind.
Client Delight I own every client experience and its impact on results.
Take Action I am empowered and empower others to act now.
Grow Talent I own my development and invest in the development of others.
Win Together I passionately connect with anyone, anywhere, anytime to achieve results.
Communication Matters I speak up to create transparent, thoughtful and timely dialogue.
Own It I hold myself and others accountable for results.
The Research Director manages one to three syndicated services within the Brand Insights Practice Area for oncology with annual revenue of one million plus. The director will have experience and subject matter expertise in oncology and will have a track record of securing sales for services with bio-pharmaceutical clients. The director will demonstrate subject matter expertise with clients, develop and supervise content and final deliverable generation through primary and secondary market research, supervise, develop and support direct reports according to our cultural beliefs. The director will also generate sales, and be accountable for service P&L. The Research Director works closely with other operating groups, including Operations, Finance, Sales and Human Resources to achieve firm goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our people leaders are tasked with delivering excellent business results through the efforts of their teams. These results are achieved by:
1) Syndicated Operations
- Establish and maintain operating budget and revenues for research services
- Create and define service content and develop project plans for deliverables that align with practice area goals and client needs
- Ensure that service(s) and deliverables:
- Meet or exceed client expectations and are in alignment with both defined scope and client goals
- Are within budget and/or estimated time-line by anticipating and resolving issues internally and with clients
- Retain a high level of quality and accuracy
- Lead research and report development activities, including:
- Conduct phone and in-person interviews
- Ensure collection of correct data (survey, secondary, other)
- Lead and author reports, including with relevance and value to clients based upon research goals
- Responsible for final completion and/or review of deliverables, presentations and other relevant information
- Work with operational areas including Research Operations, Finance and Human Resources to ensure service team’s support of best practices
2) Client engagement and business development
- Develop business/win client sponsorships for assigned service(s) that are consistent with HSG’s strategic goals
- Work with sales operations and client success managers to develop targeting, client development plans and meet sales and service requirements
- Create eminence for assigned syndicated services with clients via content, publications, presentations and other client visible mechanisms
- Deliver client presentations and answer client inquiries as needed
3) Development & management of associates
- Responsible to supervise/manage associates
- Develops associates skills through one-on-one coaching, mentoring and providing appropriate client opportunities to practice skills
- Be viewed as a resource for information and guidance by all associates and specifically Analysts and Associate Consultants
- Provide training and development to associates on:
- Assigned service area and oncology market
- Bio-pharmaceutical industry and clients
- Company processes, operations, culture, clients and analytic skills
- Build and maintain high level of associate engagement through communication of common goals and emphasis on client satisfaction and positive team interactions
- Develop and lead a team that consistently demonstrates EVERSANA’S Leadership Competencies
- Develop and communicate clear and appropriate performance objectives
- Champion organizational initiatives across the firm
4) Firm operations/process management
- Work closely and effectively with all operating groups to achieve firm goals
- Represent Practice Area on firm committees and work groups
- Participate in new product development and new product launches
- Execute the firm’s strategies and goals within service(s) as established for the Brand Market Access Insights Practice Area
Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Consistently demonstrates firm’s leadership competencies
- Patient minded
- Take action
- Win together – demonstrated ability to get results through others; consistently focuses self and team on key priorities
- Own it – demonstrated self-awareness and accountability
- Client delight – outstanding business development and client management skills
- Grow talent
- Communication matters
- Budgeting, financial planning and P& L management skills
- Ability to quickly establish credibility in front of senior management at client companies
- Solid understanding of pharmaceutical business practices and the issues clients face in securing market access
- Working knowledge of the market research development process, including:
- Strong conceptual, analytic and problem solving skills
- Quantitative and qualitative market research skills
- Solid understanding of market access issues facing oncologics (all types)
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 20-30% of time
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- All other duties as assigned
Nice-to-Have Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of reimbursement challenge by channel (340b/Commercial/Medicaid)
- Understanding and experience with “alternative payment models” eg outcomes based contracting, risk/shared savings
- Understanding of oncology care models and their adoption criteria
- Understanding of proposed reimbursement policy changes (international pricing index application, reduced Part B reimbursement, the Competitive Acquisition Program (CAP)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
People leaders must possess both the skills to effectively accomplish these tasks and the emotional intelligence to do so in alignment with our cultural values. In addition to the critical management and leadership tasks listed above, this role also includes the following unique responsibilities:
- Excellent personnel management and development skills by setting clear direction, planning effectively and measuring outcomes
- A demonstrated ability to build successful work teams and lead them to common goals, aiding in subject matter expertise attainment, and skill-set development
- Communicate interpret and discuss with team the company policies and procedures.
- Review performance relative to departmental objectives discussion appraisal with each employee and performance; authorize and communicate salary changes, promotions, transfers, discipline and discharge and administer all other personnel actions.
EXPECTATIONS OF THE JOB:
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the expectations of the position and shall not be construed as the only expectations that may be assigned for the position. An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the expectations listed above.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- BA in advertising, marketing, communications, English, life sciences, or related field
Experience and/or Training
- BS./B.A required
- Subject matter expertise in oncology
- Bio-pharmaceutical market access experience
- Five plus years of pharmaceutical, consulting, medical/health industry-related experience required
- Five plus years of internal or external business/project development experience required
- Two plus years of market research experience preferred
- Two plus years of personnel management experience
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in appropriate customer segment
- Two plus years of experience in P&L Management including budgeting, tracking and resource allocation to optimize profit
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MS, MPH, PhD) preferred.
- Five plus years of experience maintaining a competent body of knowledge and a set of relevant business contacts in bio-pharmaceutical oncology (brand teams, market access, account management)
- Bio-pharmaceutical market access experience (marketing, contracting, pricing, account management)
- Five plus years of personnel management experience